11. Don’t sell overtly and Advertising
1. Don’t sell overtly
- Rather, think about how you can communicate by helping/giving; trying to ‘sell’ won’t help you/your brand on LinkedIn in the long term.
- Start a discussion thread about something topical within your industry and to which people will contribute – see the sort of discussions that attract a good following
- Or maybe something challenging!
2. Advertising – you can select a ‘pay per click’ option rather like Google Ad words, with the plus that you can be very selective about your target market (not free).
As with everything on LinkedIn, things change all the time, so do check out latest situation with advertising etc.
If you are running a business within one hour’s drive of UK BA15 2 , and need some support in getting your LinkedIn started, why not use my ‘Getting Started on Linked In’ service – see the Armstrong Beech Marketing website on the right under ‘Marketing Projects’.