When did you last tell them they were valued? Last week, last month, last year?
Scary stats for why people stop buying from businesses:
3% move away.
5% follow a friend’s or relative’s recommendation.
9% find an alternative they perceive to be better quality or value.
14% are dissatisfied with the products or services.
And a massive 68% of people leave a business because of… indifference.
They take their business elsewhere simply because they do not feel valued.
Since you spend a lot of time, money, and effort to get a visitor to your business, if you let them leave because of indifference, you might as well be flushing £20 notes away.
Do you know what your customers think of you/your business and service/ product? If you haven’t asked them recently, maybe now is the time to do that survey that’s been on your ROUND TUIT list. It’s such a great way to get feedback, build your testimonials and ask for word of mouth recommendations. If you would find it difficult to ask such questions of your customers,
Customers love it when you
- know them, remember them by name and remember their preferences;
- make it easy for your customers to do business with you;
- treat them with respect and make them feel special;
- treat your 20% VIP customers like royalty (more about your 20% in my Pareto article);
- let them know you’re accountable when problems arise;
- ensure they know they can communicate with a live person;
- deliver what you say by when you promise it and on the first time of asking; even better would be to deliver ahead of time;
- anticipate their needs, even before they do;
- sort any problems that arise promptly and efficiently;
- make offers clear and transparent so that customers don’t feel ‘cheated’ by not getting exactly what they thought they were going to get;
- grow with them;
- and let them know they are valued.